Happy Fathers Day! Our journey through the gospel of Mark takes us to a parable about gardening - something some dads like to do (along with some moms).
What do we learn about ourselves, as spiritually fertile soil?
What do we learn about ourselves, as farmers of the Gospel seed?
These may not be your personal priorities, but this is the list in your pastor's head, in terms of priorities for Emmaus Road:
- Explore/Establish UP, IN, OUT rhythms for growth
- Recruit new Godly Play Storyteller (see below)
- Launch Learning w/Elders - Mike, Rennie
- Support Dan, recently transitioning into Music/Liturgy Leader
- Recruit Treasurer
- Recruit Children/Youth Ministry Coordinator
Please contact Pastor Eric, or Elders Mike or Rennie, with insights or questions about this list. Stay tuned for more information.
After seven and a half years, our beloved Godly Play Storyteller, Mr. Matthew Park, is moving to Philadelphia to pursue graduate studies. Michele is also going to begin a church planting residency there. Matt's last Godly Play session will be Sunday, July 31st, but a farewell moment for Matt and Michele may be planned for Sunday, August 21st. Stay tuned!
JUNE, JULY, AUGUST
- Sun June 19 - Church @ Seattle School - Fathers Day
- Sun June 26 - Church @ Seattle School
- Sun July 3 - no Seattle School; Emmaus Road TBD (Pastor Eric @ First Seattle CRC)
- Wed July 6 - New Horizons Dinner - South End Group Hosts
- Sun July 10 - Church @ Seattle School - Aurora Commons Clothing Drive Day (see this post)
- Sun July 17 - RuiterHeis Day - brief morning fellowship; afternoon service project & BBQ
- Sun July 24 - Church @ Seattle School
- Sun July 31 - Church @ Seattle School (Mr. Matt's final Godly Play session)
- Wed August 3 - New Horizons Dinner - Crown Hill Group Hosts
- Sun August 7 - Church @ Seattle School
- Sun August 14 - Church @ Seattle School (Pastor Eric @ First Seattle CRC)
- Sun August 21 - no Seattle School; Emmaus Road elsewhere/TBD; Last Farewell, Matt/Michele!
- Sun August 28 - Church @ Seattle School
- Sun September 4 - ALL AGES Church @ Seattle School
- Wed September 7 - New Horizons Dinner - Mayhem Group Hosts
CHURCH AVAILABLE TO COME OVER
July 3rd and August 21st are two Sundays when Emmaus Road does not have use of the Seattle School. These would be good opportunities to invite the church over for coffee and donuts, lead a prayer, and sing the Old 100th Doxology. Don't forget to invite your friends and neighbors who have always been curious about your church. If interested, speak to Pastor Eric, or Elders Mike or Rennie.