2/28/2014

HOT CHOCOLATE RUN THIS SUNDAY - USE I-5

It sure is wonderful that people raise money for Ronald McDonald House charities. At a slight inconvenience to Emmaus Road, though, they are running through Belltown this Sunday morning for the annual Hot Chocolate Race. The viaduct is already scheduled to close through the weekend for road work and construction, but Aurora Ave will be shut down Sunday morning all the way up to Woodland Park Zoo for the race.

Coming from the north, I plan to try I-5 south, take exit 166,
follow Stewart a couple blocks to Denny,
turn left onto Bell Street,
turn right onto Third Ave,
head north to New Horizons.

From West Seattle or the south,
take I-5 north and…. I'm not sure (I never take I-5 north to downtown),
but if you have suggestions, share!

Hot Chocolate Race course route here
WSDOT details about Route 99 closures here